Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B.O.T) – 3 Years Course
The “Occupational Therapy (OT)” is also known as “Physical Therapy”.
“Occupational Therapy is the science of prevent, cure and rehabilitation of the physically, emotionally, mentally and neurological disabled and challenged people”.
Career & Jobs
If you are interested to help the people and you have a good and pleasant nature, and you want to do something for the people who are permanently or temporary physically disabled or want to help to the older persons who are living in an old age home or you wish to give your finger to hook up a kid for the first-time step.
If it so! This is the best field for you and you will touch the height of the success in this science field. To find a good job or the best platform, one’s needed to go for the higher study in this field like M.Sc or doctoral programme. There is a good career prospect for the candidates who have done higher education in this field.
After the completion of the degree courses, the students must go for the national certification examination to get the license, in order to practice individually. It is mandatory to have the license for practicing.
At present, the people are facing many problems in their daily lifestyle regarding mentally, emotionally or physically problems. The Occupational therapist is the one who cures out such disorders.
You can work as a freelancer in this field. There is a good opportunity to go abroad after the completion of this course.
Some of the top job profiles or the titles in this field are as the following:
- OT technician
- OT nurse
- Rehabilitation therapy assistant
- Speech and language therapist
- Private practitioner
- Occupational therapist
- Service delivery manager
- Lab technician
- Medical record technician
- National sales manager
- OT in-charge
- Critical care nursing in charge
In the field of occupational therapy, there is nothing like one type of recruiters. The employment area is very much broad. The employment areas of this field are as the following:
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Multispecialty Hospitals
- Non Governmental Organization
- Teaching to Under & Post Graduates
- In Industry for rehabilitation of Injured worker
- Private Practice/Private clinics
- Mental Hospitals
- Geriatric homes/Old age Homes
- Centers for Physically and Mentally Handicapped Children
- Community health centre
- Occupational health centre
- GP practices / primary care
- education establishments
- housing associations
- industrial and commercial organizations
- clients homes
- social services and council departments
- residential and nursing homes
- charities and voluntary agencies