Diploma in Dialysis Technician
- Minimum Qualification for Admission 10th, 10+2, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. or any equivalent qualifications.
- Age : No age Restriction.
- Duration : Two Years.
What is dialysis?
Dialysis is the artificial purification process of blood. Using dialysis process, it is possible to remove waste, excess of water and other unwanted fluid from the blood of patients.
Dialysis is a medical procedure that acts as an artificial kidney by removing waste from the blood and excess fluids from the body when kidney failure or disease prevents them from do so. Dialysis technicians are responsible for operating the machines that do this and monitoring the patients undergoing treatment.salary and employment outlook to see if this career is the right one for you.
Dialysis technicians, often referred to as patient care technicians (PCTs), follow strict protocols to guarantee safe and effective outcomes for patients undergoing this four-hour procedure. Their most important tasks are to monitor and adjust fluid removal rate according to patient vital signs and to minimize the possibility of infection through proper equipment handling and sterilization.
According to the National Institute of Health, nih.gov, the most common reason for dialysis is end-stage renal disease (ESRD), a condition when kidneys function at less than ten percent of normal, which is most commonly caused by diabetes
CAREER PROSPECTS AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Dialysis technology graduates may find a job at hospitals (Government or private), clinics or healthcare setups offering dialysis treatment. Usually they work in a team, under the supervision of qualified Doctors and Nurses. Some of the common job profiles available in front of them include-
- Dialysis technician
- Dialysis supervisor
- Dialysis Therapist
- Dialysis Assistant
TASKS OF A DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN
- Setting up dialysis machine
- Preparing sterilization mix
- Recording vital body stats of the patient (temperature, blood pressure, age, pulse rate and weight)
- Monitoring the patient
- Guiding the patient and communicating with him/her
- Administering anaesthesia (as per requirement)
- Operate dialysis machine
- Supervise dialysis process
- Calculating blood flow
- Cleaning and inspection of dialysis machine