Career In ANM & GNM
ANM stands for Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery
It is a diploma Course. It also taught about how to take care of equipment, setting up of Operation Theater, provide medication timely to patient and maintain records.
GNM referred as General Nursing and Midwifery
It deals general health care, nursing, and midwifery.
Courses & Eligibility
- ANM is a one year course with the eligibility of 10+2 (Any stream), 10thclass. Students marks 40-45% in 12th.
- GNM is a three and half year diploma course with the eligibility of 10+2 passed . The minimum age limit 17 yrs. This course is both for male and female candidates.
In Nursing course have unlimited opportunities
- There are wide employment opportunities for ANM & GNM Degree candidates.
- Both these courses provide an opportunity for you to choose a career in the nursing field.
- Nurses can get jobs easily in areas like government and private hospitals, nursing homes, old age homes, various industries and armed forces.
- You can also work at education Institutions, nursing tutor, ICU nurse.
- After these courses, you will be registered with a State Nurse Registration Council.
- Students who pass their ANM degree can pursue for GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) course.
- Students can work as a Community Health Worker, Home Nurse, Health Visitor, Basic Health Worker & Rural Health Worker.
- GNM graduates can work as a Staff Nurse, Home Nurse, Health Visitor & Community Health Worker.
- ANM & GNM graduate have great scope not only in India but also in abroad.