Diploma of Operation Theatre Technician
- Minimum Qualification for Admission 10th, 10+2., B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. or any equivalent qualifications.
- Age : No age Restriction.
- Duration : Two Year.
Career & Scope in Operation Theatre Course
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology course is also known by the short name of D.OTT. It is also known by the names of Diploma in Operation Theatre Techniques and Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician.
- If you want to become an Operation Theatre Technician, OTT courses will be of help to you! The article covers topics like- course details, eligibility criteria, admission process, syllabus, pg courses & further studies, career prospects and job profiles
- Operation Theatre Technology courses are job oriented. In India, different variants of this course are available. Some such well known variants includes- Operation Theatre Technology, Operation Theatre Management, Operation Theatre Techniques and Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology.
- Operation Theatre Technicians are allied healthcare professionals. Their tasks include assisting Doctors in Surgery, arranging surgical instruments before surgery, sterilizing instrumentation before surgery, cleaning surgical instruments after surgery, carrying out Surgeons’ commands during surgery and taking care of anaesthesia equipment.
- In short, OT Technicians work at Operation Theatre of hospitals, Intensive Care Units as well as Emergency Departments. Their main task is to assist Doctors and Surgeons during surgery or emergency procedures.
- Under the setup of a hospital, Operation Theatre technicians are usually part of a team that consists of Doctors, nurses and other allied healthcare professionals.
- OT Technology courses mentioned above trains students in aspects like surgical procedures, surgical instruments, anaesthesia equipment & dose, patient monitoring and OT Ethics.